It can be very intimidating when you’re just starting to cook your own meals. It can be very helpful to have the appropriate tools in your kitchen so that your meal prep goes smoothly. One thing to remember, however, is that not all kitchen gadgets are worth it. Some of them are more likely to end up collecting dust on a shelf in your house. Don’t worry, though; because your kitchen deserves the best kitchen gadgets and we’ve got some lined up for you. If you want good value for your kitchen, then this hack is definitely for you.
- Pressure cookers (similar to an Instant Pot) are one of the most sought-after gadgets for kitchens. A pressure cooker is very practical because it can cook a meal faster than an ordinary slow cooker. Even on busy days, a home-cooked meal is still an option because of a pressure cooker.
- Air fryers are small, concentrated ovens that produce crisp skin-on fries, meats, veggies, and more without the oil of frying food. It makes for healthier food prep, and it allows you to prep foods in less time!
- No kitchen is complete without a blender. In case you’re not into the big, bulky blenders, there are definitely smaller options like a Ninja or a Nutribullet; or, you could even consider getting an immersion blender. These blenders are smaller and easier to manage and can make individual portions, too.
- Waffle irons are normally used to make waffles, but there are other uses for them, too. You can cook hash browns, omelets, grilled cheese, and even cookies in a waffle iron. A waffle iron is a great multi-purpose tool you’ll use often!
- A wok is a sauté pan that has a rounded bottom and smooth sides. You can always stick to a few pots and pans, but if you plan to make stir-fry, sauces, soups, etc., a wok is an absolute way to go. Their long handles let you hold it over a burner and shake and stir the food inside, heating the ingredients quickly and evenly. It might take you a while to practice using your wok, but once you get used to it, you won’t want to be without one!
- If you like avocados, you might want to get an avocado slicer for your kitchen. Avocados can get quite slippery. Hence, when opening and slicing them with knives, be very careful. An avocado slicer is the safer way not only to open an avocado but to remove the pit and shell and create perfect-sized slices, too.
- If you’re the type to always rely on canned food for your cooking, then what you need is a trusty can opener. Get one that is of good quality and at a decent price; the more affordable can openers don’t necessarily give you the best results for value. It’s common for these to easily break or fail. It’s wise to invest in one that will last you years.
- Every kitchen deserves to have a swivel peeler, too! If you don’t have one yet, you should get one soon. Cooking with potatoes, squash, carrots, or other vegetables will be so much easier with one around. Slice through that vegetable’s thick outer skin with convenience and comfort with a quality peeler in your hand. What a swivel peeler does is it automatically adjusts to your handling angle, making it very easy and efficient to peel whatever it is you’re using it on!
Is the kitchen your primary objective in a home? Don’t forget to ask about it when speaking with our Owasso property managers about our available rental homes.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.